Friday, May 22, 2009

I HAD A DREAM *shoves back forehead*

A few nights ago I had a very vivid dream that I won't soon forget. To make sure that I didn't forget it, I was going to write about it in the blog, but I ran into some troubles logging in that postponed this motion until, well, right now. Therefore, I preserved every detail by telling it to my wonderful friend Abbey. Sorry for using you, Abbey, but I assure you it will not be in vain!

And now, the dream:

Me (8:40:34 PM): so it's my first day at tufts, which is strangely taught singlehandedly by my psychology teacher (who went to vassar, no less), is actually a giant floating castle with a huge frozen lake, and even more strangely doesn't have you there
Me (8:40:45 PM): yet somehow i knew that it was tufts
Abbey (8:41:26 PM): hahah the not having me there thing makes me sad, but everything else sounds spectacular. especially the part about tufts.
Abbey (8:41:43 PM): and you
Abbey (8:41:46 PM): being there
Abbey (8:41:46 PM): for classes
Me (8:42:00 PM): well, there were no classes yet
Me (8:42:08 PM): so i went to the video library
Me (8:42:18 PM): and decided to rent a horror movie, because i haven't seen many
Me (8:42:25 PM): at this point, the dream becomes the horror movie
Me (8:43:01 PM): the setting is exactly the same, though it is no longer tufts, it is the summer mansion of my leprochaun-esque social studies teacher, who is having his evil stepsister over for dinner
Me (8:43:21 PM): my executive board and I catch wind of her plans to brutally murder everyone there, so we take precautionary measures
Me (8:43:50 PM): sadly, during the night, katelyn is killed by an evil nephew, and david shapiro gets third degree burns from molten bubble gum
Abbey (8:44:35 PM): still sounds lovely!
Me (8:44:44 PM): however, the evil stepsister resolves to kill my teacher via sneaky use of her three assassins: the evil niece, the evil nephew, and a SECRET ASSASSIN THAT IS ALSO THE TWIST AT THE END
Me (8:45:11 PM): so in typical movie fashion one night goes by and they kill one of us, and then we kill one of them the next night
Abbey (8:45:33 PM): this is a really long and compelling dream, i love it!
Me (8:45:45 PM): until there's only me and the SECRET GUY and the evil nephew left (who has mysteriously turned into a cat that I was convinced was a frog)
Me (8:46:51 PM): i engage in an epic battle with the nephew, which travels to such exotic locals as a bathroom stall and a subway train
Me (8:47:39 PM): though the struggle is mad tight, I prevail, and kill what was obviously physically a cat, though what i kept calling a frog, that was actually an evil nephew
Me (8:48:20 PM): daylight comes, and it's just me and my teacher left on our side. however, since i am the hero of the moviedream, i know that i do not die until the end
Me (8:48:26 PM): so it was my beloved teacher's time! D:
Me (8:48:40 PM): the thought of this filled me to tears with sad fear and anticipation
Me (8:48:59 PM): i couldn't bear to see the mysterious third assassin execute him, but i knew that i had to conquer my fears and do it
Me (8:49:18 PM): so we walk the ancient boardwalk that night when we come to the evil stepsister
Me (8:49:18 PM): alone
Me (8:49:23 PM): ...and walking her dog
Me (8:49:36 PM): who, at that precise moment, LEAPS TO HIS FEET AND WHIPS OUT A SWITCHBLADE
Me (8:50:11 PM): (the twist is that the assassin is the dog)
Abbey (8:50:18 PM): lmaoooo
Abbey (8:50:25 PM): the animals in this dream are superb
Abbey (8:50:27 PM): the cat/frog wins
Me (8:51:00 PM): anyway, though the dog kills my teacher, he's really very polite, and even gives me one of his knives for the final battle
Me (8:51:13 PM): however, at this point, the dream is nearly lucid, and i could feel myself waking up
Me (8:51:18 PM): so i woke up
Me (8:51:24 PM): and i never knew who won :[
Abbey (8:51:47 PM): awww i hate when that happens. did you try to go back to sleep and continue the dream? I always do that.
Me (8:52:18 PM): strangely, no. i was satisfied with the ending
Me (8:52:31 PM): i wouldn't have been able to kill the dog. he was really one of the only nice guys in the whole dream

1 comment:

  1. I had the same dream, except instead of a horror movie it was a Scary Movie spinoff and instead of killing people the assassins took me out for chicken strips

    ReplyDelete